.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Níl aon tintéan mar do thintéan féin...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Northern Rumblings

I don't know how much information from this side of the pond makes it's way over to North America. Recently there has been a few few days of rioting and violence in the North. Things were looking up in terms of the Northern Ireland conflict just a few months ago. The was a voluntary demilitarization of one segment and it was announced that all further conflict would be political, not physical violence. This latest incident was the result of a parade being derouted. At least, that's what I have gleaned. There is a lot of information flying around, but as I don't have the history behind me I find that some of it goes in one ear and out the other. Everytime I read an article, it is filled with accronyms that I then go and decipher and with names that have no impact or relenvence to me. Anyways... for anyone who wants to know more about the whole situation, feel free to Google. I feel like I don't really have anything clever to add. I just thought I would reiterate, for anyone who may be worried, that I am alright. There is nothing going on in the Republic of Ireland (the southern half of the island in which I am currently staying) and even the rioting up North seems to be calming down. Can't find a good photo of the events of the past few days, but if I stumble upon one I will put it up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home