.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Níl aon tintéan mar do thintéan féin...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Sick and the Stinky

Sorry I have been so negligent in my Blogging duties as of late. I have just finished correcting all the horrendous typos in my last post. I shuddered when I noticed how many there were. Then again, I was extremely sleepy when I wrote it. I actually fell asleep at the laptop more then once putting it up on here, even though it's just a tiny little thing. :)

Anyways, Colette had a pretty bad throat infection last week. She had to go to the doctor, get some prescription meds, and stay home from work for a week. Poor dear... She's back in fighting form now. A trip to the drugstore left us with a few weapons for our immune systems. I've been taking vitamin c, garlic capsules and Pharmaton (mmm... "Life energy that you can feel"... gotta love that life energy). It may sound like quite a bit, but I think it helped me fight off the throat infection, and feel pretty good overall. I won't be taking the garlic for too much longer. I always start to smell like garlic after a few days... I just wanted a bit of a boost during the time when Col wasn't feeling great. I figured that if I didn't do anything, I would be next in line!

I do really like the taste of garlic though. Yesterday, I tried making a little tomato salad. I added a little bit too much garlic, so I ate it with baguette slices and called it bruschetta. :) We had been at Col's parents' house earlier in the week and her dad had dug out some onions from his garden for us (as well as some lovely spuds, and a few early cherry tomatoes). I threw in a bit of the fresh onion. It is so neat to be able to eat food that you have actually watched being pulled out of the ground. Very tasty...

In other news, there was a bit of a hiccup with the water supply in the apartment. It seems that a water main burst somewhere nearby and so for the last few days we have been on a limited supply of water. The only thing being supplied with water was the cold water tap in the kitchen. We were quite lucky though. This was just a bit of an inconvenience. It would have been much worse to have been totally cut off. This morning, everything seems to be up and running again. I think I shall go celebrate with a bath. I probably smell like a monkey's armpit... :)

P.S. >> Glad to hear the white envelope arrived back home. You can never be sure how long these things will take to send. Also, a big hello to Suzie Q if she happens to read this. Thanks for the email. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home