.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Níl aon tintéan mar do thintéan féin...

Friday, September 16, 2005

Living Statue


I just saw this picture on the CBC News website and something about it is quite amazing to me. I figured I would post it up here (along with it's given caption) because... Well... I feel like it. :) I have always been fascinated by photojournalism. While I don't think it's something I would excel at, I do find it quite compelling. It can be such a powerful medium. It's a unique combination... art and news combined. These images don't just report current events, they can help shape them. Pictures can serve as an emotional trigger, or can humanize events a world away. It's really quite an amazing thing. Anyways, the caption for the photo reads: A Palestinian man on a horse is seen on the beach Sept. 13 near the former Israeli settlement of Neve Dekalim. Thousands of residents of the southern Gaza Strip came to the coast. They had not been able to do so previously because the Israeli army had occupied and separated the area for 38 years. (Abid Katib/Getty Images)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home