.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Níl aon tintéan mar do thintéan féin...

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Northern Exposure

Col and I have embarked on a 3 day tour of Northern Ireland. We spent last night in the walled city of (London)Derry (most people from the area refuse to call it Londonderry and much of the local signage has the 'London' part spray painted out. Today we did a walking tour along the walls of Derry (guided, we found out later, by the son of Derry's former mayor). We also went to the Giant's Causeway (an amazing sight, especially with the ocean pounding against the rocks and creating spray). Can you believe that in two gift shops I could not find even one Giant's Causeway key chain? Two shops located at the Giant's Causeway! Tonight we are bedding down in Belfast. I am writing this from our hostel. I won't write much as there are many other people waiting to take advantage of the free internet. Needless to say, I have been taking tons of photos and I will be uploading them once we get home.

PS: Thanks to the family for the Christmas card, Col's birthday card, and the insoles. Very much appreciated. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home